IGNOU BECS 184 Solved Assignment, This assignment is the curriculum of the Bachelor of Art General & Honours (BAG) program. For other courses, students check our website categories section to find their courses and assignments over there.
IGNOU BECS 184 DATA ANALYSIS assignment is 100 marks. There are only two sections – A & B. Students have to answer all the questions. Download IGNOU BECS 184 Assignment free without any registration, Students can easily download the IGNOU assignment question paper from the official website of the university. They are not required to pay any fees or charges for this.
|Title Name||BECS 184 Solved Assignment 2021-2022 | DATA ANALYSIS|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft Copy/Q&A form)|
|Semester||Session: July 2021 – January 2022|
|Short Name||BECS 184|
|Product||Assignment of BECS-184 | 2021-2022|
|Submission Date||Valid from 1st July 2021 to 30th June 2022|
|Assignment Pdf||Download Now|
It is always good to solve the assignment by yourself. Because it helps the students in the whole study. It also helps them in preparing for the exam. So that the question that comes in the exam can be solved easily.
If someone is unable to solve the assignment, so don’t worry we have solved this assignment for you, you only need to click the link one by one and get all the answers to this assignment sequence-wise. And if not, then our team is working on it and you will be available soon.
The answer of BECS 184 | DATA ANALYSIS | Solved Assignment 2021-2022:
We expect you to answer each question as per the guidelines for each category mentioned in the assignment. You will find it useful to keep the following points in mind:
1) Planning: Read the assignments carefully, and go through the Units on which they are based. Make some points regarding each question and then rearrange them in a logical order.
2) Organisation: Be a little selective and analytic before drawing up a rough outline of your answer. Give adequate attention to your introduction and conclusion.
Make sure that your answer:
a) is logical and coherent;
b) has clear connections between sentences and paragraphs, and
c) is written correctly giving adequate consideration to your expression, style and presentation.
3) Presentation: Once you are satisfied with your answer, you can write down the final version for submission, writing each answer neatly and underlining the points you wish to emphasize. Make sure that the answer is within the stipulated word limit.
Note: Attempt all questions. The marks for each question are indicated against it.
Answer the following questions. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. (a) A lead-free solder can be made using two different alloys. An important characteristic feature of a solder is its melting point, which is known to follow a Normal distribution. An experiment was conducted using a random sample of 21 pieces of solder made from the two different alloys (1 and 2). In each sample, the temperature at which each of the 21 pieces melted was determined. The mean and standard deviation of the sample for Alloy 1 were M1= 218.9ºC and S1 = 2.7ºC; for Alloy 2 the results were M2 = 215.5ºC and S2 = 3.6ºC. If it is required to test H0: µ1 = µ2 against HA: µ1 ≠ µ2, where µ stands for the population mean, what would be the value of the test statistic?
(b) Discuss two different techniques each for conducting—(i) Bivariate analysis and (ii)
2. (a) An individual is handover a bag filled with balls of different colours. The table below gives the probability that a randomly chosen ball is of a specific colour, along with a missing probability value of picking a ball of white colour.
Answer the following questions:
(i) What value must the missing probability be?
(ii) If a ball is drawn at random from the bag, what is the probability of each of the following events?
I. It is either Blue or Red in colour.
II. It is not Yellow in colour.
III. It is neither Orange nor White in colour.
IV. It is either Blue or Red or Yellow or Green or Orange or White.
(b) What are the various assumptions considered for running a multiple regression? Are
these different from the ones considered under simple regression?
Answer the following questions. Each question carries 12 marks.
3. (a) Consider a distribution or a data set with different values of mean, median and mode. Comment upon the shape of such a distribution in terms of the spread of the frequencies. What will be the relation between the mean, median and mode in such a case? Compare the shape of such a distribution with the one whose mean, median and mode are equal to each other.
(b)What is meant by a standard score in Statistics? What is the need to calculate such a score?
4. A research study aims at analysing the economic impact of COVID on the Indian economy. What can be some of the appropriate economic indicators in this case? Also enlist various data sources (primary/secondary) to gather data from in estimating these indicators.
5. (a) Discuss various methods of collecting data for conducting a qualitative research.
(b) To collect data for a study an individual chooses to question people coming out of a mall directly. Identify this technique of collecting data. What is the significance of employing such a sampling technique?
6. Discuss several examples of composite index numbers used as indicators of development in real life. Also write the various steps involved while constructing a composite index.
7. Attempt answering the following:
(a) Define Dispersion as a measure of spread. Discuss various measures of Dispersion.
(b) Coefficient of variance is considered a better measure of dispersion as compared to standard deviation. Do you agree? Give reason.